Common Mistakes We Make When Trying to Shed Pounds
With all the weight loss information coming at us all day, it's no wonder we're a bit confused on body transformation.
I have men and woman ask me multiple times a week about weight loss and what they should and shouldn't do.
The truth is, it's different for us all, but there are some common mistakes we all make.
Below you will find a few that may ad a moment of clarity to your day.
Only focusing on the scale weight
- Many factors can affect scale weight, including fluid fluctuations, muscle mass gain and the weight of undigested food.
Eating too many or too few calories
- Consuming too many calories can stop you from losing weight, however, too few calories can make you insanely hungry and reduce your metabolism as well as muscle mass.
Not exercising or over exercising
- A lack of exercise can lead to loss of muscle mass and lower metabolism. Too much exercise is neither healthy nor effective, and can lead to severe stress.
Not lifting weights
- Resistance training can help boost metabolic rate and increase muscle mass.
Choosing low-fat or “diet” foods
- Fat-free or “diet” foods are typically high in sugar.
Not eating enough fiber
- Eating fiber can help reduce appetite by filling you up so you eat less.
Eating too much fat on a low-carb diet
- Although low-carb and ketogenic diets help reduce hunger and calorie intake, adding too much fat can slow down or prevent weight loss.
Not keeping track of what you eat
- If you’re not tracking what you eat, you may be consuming more calories than you realize.
- If you cut out sugar-sweetened beverages but continue drinking fruit juice, you’re still getting a lot of sugar and are likely to take in more calories.
Not eating whole foods
- Please choose whole, single-ingredient foods.
I commonly share with my clients the best way to approach body transformation is to see your body like a machine.
Keep it moving so it doesn’t rust, feed it so it doesn't stop moving, and rest it at times so it can regenerate.
Wishing you all a day filled with health and energy to make this life a great one!